* The number of games that each team in the current English Premiership, the top division in English Association Football, plays in a season
* Bill C-38 legalized same-sex marriage in Canada
* The number of years it took the Israelites to travel from Kadesh Barnea to the Zered valley in Deuteronomy.
* A "38" is often the name for a snub nose .38 caliber revolver
* Name of the southern rock band 38 Special
* The 38 class is the most famous class of steam locomotive used in New South Wales
* The number of the French department Isère
* There are 38 surviving plays written by William Shakespeare
* The gate of the sci-fi TV series Stargate SG-1 can stay open a maximum of 38 minutes.
* In Taiwan and some places in southern Chinese mainland, "3, 8", but not "38", is slang for stupid/idiot,especially women.
Now, here are some fun facts about the age 38, according to Tiffipedia:
* The number of times I pee my pants while sneezing, in a month.
* The number of years it took me to say "Screw it! I am happy with myself just the way I am", and truly mean it.
* The year I realized that having a chin hair grow three inches overnight was a foreshadow into my future... Ben is a lucky man!
* The age I was when I celebrated 18 years of marriage to the man of my dreams, my oldest daughter turned 16 and my baby became a teenager.
I remember when I was my girls age and meeting someone my age and thinking, "Good Lord, they are old. I hope I don't look that old when I am 38". I now know that 38 is not old, and those woman didn't look old, they simply looked wiser and more mature. As I am quickly creeping (rather, 'sprinting') up on the big 'three-eight', I see just how wise I am. I am wise enough to know that I need at least 9 hours of sleep for my family to like me and that I require 2 cups of coffee in the morning before I can utter words, or those around me can utter words to me. Also, that I need to quit fighting the baggage under my eyes that looks like I am recovering from a severe case of the 'just had the nose job's, for the baggage will ALWAYS win! I am wise enough to be able to look at my husband and kids and to be truly grateful for them when I know that I am not worthy of having such awesome creatures love me. I am wise enough to know that even though I will make mistakes daily, I will also learn from them and not regret them. I am wise enough to know that my relationship with my parents will be an example to my kids on how to treat me. I am wise enough to know that I should NEVER leave the house without a bra on, even to walk to the mailbox. I am wise enough to know not to be embarrassed of/by my stretch marks, snuffalumpagus belly (what your belly looks like after a c-section), my gray hairs, and cottage cheese thighs, because they are all battle scars from motherhood. I am wise enough to know that not everyone is blessed with motherhood so that I should ALWAYS hold EVERY second precious with my babies, because the next second is never a guarantee. I am wise enough to know that even though my child hood wasn't ideal, it was perfect for me because it made me who I am today. I am wise enough to know that without the love of my family and friends, my life would be nonexistent and without the unconditional love of God, NOTHING would matter... not even how wise I am. Lastly, I am wise enough to know that even with all my wiseness (yes, that's a word) I still know nothing. Now THAT is deep!
So, upon entering my 38th year, I want to say THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU to my nearest and dearest. You all are responsible for making these first 38 (ok, 37 3/4 if you want to get technical) as wonderful as they have been. I am definitely wise enough to be ever thankful for you.
*** I hope my wise family and friends took this as the huge reminder that my birthday is drawing near, so they better get shopping ;) ***