Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Awwww, welcome 2012...you smell like clean sheets line drying an a beach!





Here we are in 2012! I hope the new year found you in good health and good spirits. With the new year comes those dreaded 'new year resolutions'... lose weight, save money, eat better, exercise more, be a better _______ (you fill in the blank). I, personally, do not like setting myself up for failure, so if I feel like jumping on the bandwagon, my resolutions usually go something like this; I, Tiff Karacia, resolve to do my part for the US economy by keeping my kids clothed and fed. I then realize that half of their clothes are made over seas and their food is imported so I try again. I, Tiff Karacia, resolve to not let the four-leggeds control my home/life anymore. I then have to stop typing this to let my tiny doghuman on my lap so I can cover her up and keep her warm while she eats (so what? she prefers to eat while covered and curled up on my lap, what of it?). Hmmm, I guess that won't work either. Ok, third times a charm... I, Tiff Karacia, resolve to not resolute my new year. MUCH BETTER!

In all seriousness, there are things that I would like to do differently this year. I need to find a good church that has a GREAT youth program. I need to lose the weight I gained since I moved to Illinois. I need to find a job outside of this home so I stop talking to the plants (just kidding. we don't have plants. but I do carry on conversations with the doghumans, and they only respond to me when i throw 'treats' or 'outside' onto the end of my sentences, so it's not very good conversation). I want to learn how to use a sewing machine. I want to have more date nights with the hubs (our girls have found social lives so it's time we did the same). Most of all, I want to figure out a way to slow time. Ali will be 16 this year; how did that happen? I still am carrying around 20 pounds of baby weight, so how is he going to be driving? 2012 will be the start of her sophomore year and Cate's 7th grade year. Wow! My heart hearts a little just thinking about it.

None of us knows what 2012 has in store for us. We just need to remember to take it one day at a time and breathe in every single second that the Lord blesses us with; especially when it comes to those seconds we are blessed to spend with our family and friends. I hope everyone of you reading this finds happiness, love and an abundance of blessing this year. It will be as awesome as you allow it to be, SO ALLOW IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment