Saturday, March 3, 2012

I am a Republican and I DO NOT want to kill your grandma...




I REPEAT, I DO NOT WANT TO KILL YOUR GRANDMA! I would think that would be obvious and I wouldn't need to state it, but seeing as how it's election time again (UUUGGGHHH) and I keep hearing how awful Republicans are, I thought I would clear my name!

I am a Republican that DETESTS blanket statements such as the above. People (DEMS and REPS alike) that makes statements like this are just ignorant. They are ubër dangerous because they influence those that are too lazy to research on their own. This leads to uninformed voters basing their decision on lies and false promises...wait, that may be EVERY election, but I digress. Let's get back to me...I have heard that 'I' (because I am a Republican) not only want to kill your grandma, but also hate gays and the poor, love war, and am racist. In actuality, NONE of these bear any resemblance to my actual feelings.

I am a Republican that chooses not to make your sexual preference any business of mine. If you are nice to me, I will be nice to you. I happen to love someone WITH ALL MY HEART that is gay and I would stick up for them no matter the consequence. Why they need 'stuck up for' in this day and age still blows my mind, but that is a WHOLE OTHER BLOG ENTRY!

I am a Republican that doesn't look at you as anything other human, no matter what is in your bank account. If you need assistance, I will help you...as long as you are willing to help yourself in the process. I am not about getting 'something for nothing'. Just as my kids have to earn what they want, so should you. I grew up with a single mother who worked two jobs most of my childhood to provide for her kids. I remember only one time her being on welfare, and then it was only briefly, so her kids could eat. She did not rape the system and she certainly did not expect the government to continue to pay for the decisions she was making. I am very proud of her for that.

I am a Republican that does not love war. As a matter of fact, I wish for nothing more that for this war to be over with so I don't have to worry about my cousin being deployed again. I know, however, that sometimes it is necessary. But to reiterate, I HATE it!

I am a Republican that doesn't look at the color of your skin to determine your worth. I know and love several people of different ethnicities, and am a better person for it! Again, if you are nice to me, I will be nice to you!

Last, but not least, I am a Republican that hates politics. I love the idea of democracy, but we have become so skewed that I don't see us getting back to a productive form of government anytime soon.

Now, look me in the eyes so I know you are listening to me (sorry, I'm a mom and some habits are hard to break)... Blanket statements are bad, and totally false! Saying that all Republicans hate gays is like saying all Democrats are for abortion. Saying that all Democrats don't agree with the war is like saying that all Republicans are hypocrites. We need to remember that we are all screwed together, so why can't we all just get along!
That is all... but FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY, LEAVE YOUR GRANDMA OUT OF IT!

I LOVE AMERICA!

2 comments:

  1. How did I miss this?! Well said, Tiff. There is a lot of crazy stuff going on politically and it's pretty sad really.

    ReplyDelete