Saturday, January 8, 2011

DEJA VU...


I woke up this morning at 1:45 because I felt something HUGE and FUZZY making it's way across my right cheek. Now, anyone that knows me well, knows that my ninja skills kick in when I see a spider. I HATE spiders! I LOATHE spiders! I DETEST spiders! SO, in order not to lose this nasty arachnid amid my spider colored sheets, I s-l-o-w-l-y reach my right hand up to scoop Charlotte and her web off my face (I'm not smashing her on my cheek, for as much as I HATELOATHEDETEST spiders, I hate bodily fluids even more). When I start skimming my cheek, I catch the softness and am just about ready to commence Operation Ninja-Scoop (O.N.S.), when it dawns on me just how big this things is. I leap out of bed in one (not so ninja-like, more like a lady that has just felt a tarantula on her face) movement. I flip the light on certain I have to find this thing before it sucks all of Ben's blood, or whatever tarantula's do, all the while, steeling myself for whatever I am about to see!.......

Let me rewind a little at this point. If you are a regular follower of the Karacians, you have already read how much I HATELOATHEDETEST sharing my bed. Up until we moved to our new place our king sized bed occupied a man, a woman, a 110 pound Chessy and a 15 pound rat terrier, every night. SOOOOO, I was bound and determined to break this cycle. Our new bedroom houses a twin size mattress at the foot of MY bed that was for Hank (much to Ben's dismay! After all, "Who will I spoon with?") and the new addition Scarlet. Well, turns out Hank is not really into sharing, which prompted Scarlet to try to blend in with the sheets,ON MY BED, all chameleon like, in the hopes that she wouldn't have to (GASP!) sleep on the floor!!! Every night, I walk into the bedroom to see Hank on his bed, a lump under the covers where my feet will be (that would be Zoe), and Scarlet pouting, curled up on the floor. This brings a smile to my face! This is my family and they are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing! Really does a momma's heart good! So, I proceed to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth...I'm sure you can guess what is happening in the bedroom! Ben is coaxing Scarlet onto my bed with the hopes that he will have a spooning partner for the night! This lasts all of 2 minutes. The ice queen has re-entered her room and is kicking the mistress out of the bed! This 'show' plays on a loop every night!

I gather by now you have put two and two together and realized that the tarantula is in fact Scarlet's big ole ear, twitching across my face, because, YES, she is once again ON MY BED! The picture depicts how I have lost my bed to another four-legged member of this family (they don't like the term 'dog'). As I stand beside the bed, taking in this spectacle, I laugh at how good I am at this dog parenting thing and just how scared I make them with all my intimidation. I get back into bed, where the tarantula has been reunited with my cheek (of course she is still snoring on the pillows. THAT is how ninja-like I am), and hear Dr. Phil asking me, "So, dog training? How's that working out for ya?".

No comments:

Post a Comment