Monday, March 29, 2010





I honestly don't understand people that don't appreciate and/or enjoy their children! I LIVE for my girls, and I am proud of it. I hear people make comments about how much their kids drive them crazy and not being able to wait until their kids are out of the house...this does not make sense to me! All that I do is wrapped around the simple fact that I want my girls to love their life and KNOW THAT THEY ARE LOVED MORE THAN ANYTHING! I am proud of the fact that my girls know, without a doubt, that Mom and Dad will be there for them, WHENEVER they need them. I love the way that my girls, at 9 and 13, still want me to tuck them in at night. I love the fact in a room full of empty seating, that my girls will choose the spot on the couch right next to me. I love the fact that my daughters' friends like to be at our house, not because it's the 'cool' house, but because there is always laughter and hugs! I love the fact that my girls expect there to be cupcakes/cake for celebrating first and last days of school, not because they think they deserve it, but because it's just how it's always been. I especially love (more than anything else) how my girls are the best parts of both Ben and I wrapped up into one, fantastic individual! I know in my heart that I was put on this earth to be the mother of these two wonderful girls and I thank God daily for that joy and blessing. The only wish I have for my girls is that they continue to be healthy and that they grow up to be wonderful, Godly women, that will ALWAYS know the joy I get from being their mom. I am the luckiest girl in the world just for knowing these girls, so getting to be their momma is the icing on the cake.

So, for you parents that have been blessed with wonderful children and fail to appreciate what you have, I say shame on you. Shame on you for not letting these beautiful babies feel the love they deserve and NEED. But mostly I say this... I feel sorry for you. You are missing out on the most magical time of your life. Spend quality time with your kids and always, ALWAYS, make them feel wanted! Now get your head outta your ass and LOVE THOSE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! After all, they will be the ones choosing your nursing home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND TO ALI AND CATY... THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME YOUR LOVE EVERYDAY AND ALLOWING ME TO LOVE YOU BACK. I HOPE THAT I AM ALWAYS THE MOMMA YOU NEED AND I WILL CONTINUE TO DO EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS FEEL LOVED, PROTECTED, SHELTERED AND SAFE. YOU ARE MY GREATEST GIFTS!!!!

2 comments: